Tuesday, November 22, 2011

American Standard thermostat adjust fan?

I have an American Standard thermostat model acont800 hooked up to my heat pump and the fan is running way too much. The thermostat fan mode is set to auto, and the fan even continues to run while heat pump is in defrost mode which blows very cold air out of registers. Does anyone know how to make an adjustment so fan will not run in defrost mode? Thanks in advance!|||It is supposed to run in defrost mode. You should have an aux. heat strip to provide heat during defrost. Try switching to aux heat to see if there is a problem with you strip. If you do not have one you are just going to get cold air in defrost.|||It's not the thermostat causing the problem. Most likely the system isn't wired properly and needs checked by a dealer.

1 comment:

  1. I need the wiring schematiac for the ACONT800. I have a white,yellow,black,brown,and red wire coming out of the wall.Someone pulled the unit off the walland I am not even sure if I have all the parts.Ihave one black block on the cover. I do not know if there should be another one on the other side or not. One side is marked heat and the other cool. The cool side has no black block

    ReplyDelete