Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Looks like I cracked my American Standard Tank. I can't find the tank number on the back. Where is it?

Went to the hardware store to buy a new tank and they asked for the tank number. They told me it was on the back near the water intake. Nothing back there on my tank. This is an old tank, probably been in this home since it was built in the early 70s.|||They won't have that tank anymore anyway, so there is no use in trying to find it. The important information you need to know is the spacing of the tank hold down bolts at the bottom and the space clear from the center of the tank drain hole to the back wall. With this information, you can match up to another tank, take a chunk for a color match. Also remember, it doesn't necessarily need to be another american standard tank as long as the pieces match.|||Check with local plumbers they may have some old tanks if not replace toilet LVTHEPLUMBER|||If we're talking about a toilet, look for a tag under the lid as well, or just a #. Might be too old anyhow.|||Relace the whole thing! Trust me, it'll be cheaper in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment