Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I am getting a new American Standard black male puppy from a reputable breeder. Any ideas for names?

He will be the large poodle and I plan to have him in a straight cut ( not a kidney cut) as he will be a pet not a show dog. My husband says that when you give pets a longer name people shorten them anyway. Any ideas?|||Well I have girls and both have long names but I never shorten them:) Baby Girl And Alazaya:)


You can name him on his personality...





Male Black:) Hmmmm...


Midnight


Shadow


Buddy


Max


Kaeto


Duke|||My dog regularly plays with a standard black poodle at the dog park. His owner calls him Cody. But he has a little "brother," a mini black poodle, named Louis. I kind of like Louis better, since it's a French name.





Louis Napoleon has a nice ring to it....|||duke! or louie i just love those names let me know whaT YOU CHOOSE OK!|||use part of mom and dad's name and add somethin that goes with that on the reg paper. and youcne call him anything you like. a friend of mine has a male named dragonwoods (after dad) sunrise (after mom) hava java we call him java|||i think Joshua|||Maybe Caliginous? You could call him callie. It means "an absence of light / dark" since he's black.|||You're probably going to get a hundred different answers, but I


would wait until he comes to live with you and see what kind of personality he has before you decide on a name. My pup went almost a week before my husband and I finally were able to agree on her name. His name should suit his personality :-)





Good luck with the new addition to your family whatever you decide his name will be.|||If he is registered with the AKC the longer name usually is the registered name.....like mine is Holy Ghost...I call him Gunner. Just say the registered name of the dog is Jack-o-lantern....some may call him Jack or Lantern...but the call name doesn't have to have anything to do with his registered name. For a black poodle...my miniture is Ruby....for a mal Rudy, Jet, Deisel would be nice.|||your husband is right. i work at PetSmart, PetsHotel where you board pets... and sometimes there is dog with names like, (believe it or not) Joey Tribbiani and Maggie Simpson and Princess Jasmine.. with their last names added at the end. I think it'll be very tiring for someone to say a command along with a 6 syllable name repeativly. Even with names like Freddie, Cooper, or (short names.. we double 'em like.. ) Beau.. we end up saying.. Fred, Coop... or Beau-Beau.





Nonetheless, I love "charlie", "cooper", "Jack", and "Beau" for male names.





Good Luck.|||Licorice. As in the black kind.|||All my dogs have longer names.





I own: Princess Poochie III -- Poochie


Lord Samuel -- Sammie


Prince Honey bear -- Honey


Lady Hershey -- You !@#!@#$ mutt (She can be a little piss ant!)





I like naming them with royal names. What about:


Lord Apollo -- Apollo


Prince Handsome -- Prince|||Monsieur Jean-Pierre de la maison (your last name)





Call him Pete.





Translates: Mr. Jean-Pierre of the house (your last name)





Call name: Pete.|||Wait til you get the puppy, name him once you see what his personality is like. Make sure it contains a hard sound, a name


with T or K in it somewhere is more appealing to them and they listen better.

No comments:

Post a Comment